HOW TO ENROL
The following is a step by step guide on how to successfully enrol at the University of Reading.
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
- Before you arrive, you must complete part of your online enrolment. To do so, log in to the RISIS Portal and use your applicant log in detail. You must ensure that you are enrolled onto the correct course. Your applicant details are your confirmed University of Reading ID number as the username and your date of birth in the format DDMMYYYY as the password. You will then be asked for your RISIS security password.
- NOTE: If you have applied online for a postgraduate programme and you have not yet had your Reading ID number confirmed to you, please continue to use the encrypted link in your initial email until confirmation has been sent to you.
- At this stage you must also indicate how your fees are to be paid, i.e. Student Loans Company. If your fees are self-funded, you will need to ensure that half of your fees have been paid before you can complete enrolment.
ONCE YOU ARRIVE
- Once you arrive at the University, the first thing to do is to collect your Campus Card. If you are living in University Halls you can collect your Campus Card (and key – your Campus Card will need to be registered as a key) within your Halls. If you do not live in University Halls or you are living in Kendrick Hall, you will need to go to Palmer Building during the 19th – 23rd September to enrol.
- After collecting your Campus Card, log back in to the RISIS portal using your applicant details. You will be shown your username which will consist of 2 letters and part of your student ID Number (Which is the same as your University of Reading ID Number). Your Student Number is also printed on your Campus Card! After this, you’re fully enrolled as a student of the University of Reading, congratulations!
Click here to complete online enrolment.