We’re nearly approaching the end of National Chocolate Week, but we’ve still got two recipes to share from students – why not have a go at making some yourselves! Today we’ve got third year English Literature student Nia
In light of the wonderful event that is Chocolate Week, I give you the Oreo! One of the nation’s favourites, I just couldn’t resist bringing you this circular delight in cupcake form! These cookie creations are a triple threat, consisting of Oreo cake, icing and topping – perfect for an after dinner treat or a weekend celebration.
- 280g Caster Sugar
- 80g Unsalted Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 240g Plain Flour
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- 6 Crushed Oreo Biscuits
- 150ml Milk
- 500g Icing Sugar
- 160g Unsalted Butter
- 100ml Milk
- 8 Crushed Oreo Biscuits
- Extra Oreos for decorating
- Preheat the oven to 160C/320F/Gas Mark 3 and line two muffin trays with cases.
- Using an electric whisk, cream the caster sugar and butter together until fully combined.
- Add in the beaten eggs and continue to mix until it reaches a smooth consistency.
- Next, sift in the plain flour and baking powder and continue whisking the ingredients.
- Add the crushed Oreos and stir until they are thoroughly distributed throughout the mixture.
- Gradually pour in the milk whilst continuing to stir the mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into the cases, filling each case 3/4 full (to leave room for the cakes to rise).
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until golden brown on top, then allow to cool before icing.
- Sift the icing sugar into a bowl and whisk together with the butter, slowly adding the milk until it reaches a smooth consistency.
- Add in the crushed Oreos and mix until fully combined.
- Top the cupcakes with the buttercream icing, using either a spoon or a piping bag (moving in a circular motion).
- For extra tastiness, sprinkle the cupcakes with leftover crushed Oreo pieces!