Lucy’s Mascarpone Pasta

2ND YEAR ITALIAN STUDIES STUDENT, LUCY, SHARES HER RECIPE FOR MASCARPONE PASTA. PERFECT FOR A COSY NIGHT IN!

This recipe for mascarpone pasta is my “go to” dinner at university. Whenever I get in late from a lecture and can not be bothered to cook properly (or even when I just fancy it!) I make this dish. I love this recipe because it is healthy, easy and quick to make and it tastes delicious! It is also incredibly versatile as you can add and take out ingredients. So if you are not a fan of your greens you could substitute courgette for peppers – you can literally chuck anything in! You can even swap the pasta for some rice to make it into a tasty risotto – this will definitely impress your flat mates!

Ingredients:

One chicken breast

One onion

Half a courgette

Two bacon rashers

A couple of handfuls of spinach

Pasta (this depends how much you want but I would go for two handfuls per person)

(serves two)

Step one: Boil some water on the hob and add the pasta once the water starts to boil.

Step two: Fry the chicken in a pan in some olive oil until it starts to brown.

Step three: Whilst waiting for the chicken to cook, chop up an onion and chuck it in the pan.

Step four: Chop up the courgette and put that in too.

Step five: Cut up a couple of bacon rashers and add to the pan.

Step six: Throw in the spinach.

Step seven: CHECK THE CHICKEN IS COOKED!!

Step eight: Check the pasta is al dente and drain. Then add it into the other pan.

Step nine: Dollop in a spoon of mascarpone and stir it round along with some salt and pepper.

Bon appétit!