International Food Stalls on Campus

3RD YEAR HUMAN GEOGRAPHY STUDENT, HOLLY, SHARES HER EXPERIENCE ABOUT THE CAMPUS INTERNATIONAL FOOD STALLS ON THURSDAYS

So you’ve made it through hump day but need something else to keep you going till Friday? The international food stalls on campus are a perfect Thursday pick me up to warm you up on these colder days!

The stalls are outside the Palmer Building on Whiteknights Campus on Thursdays between 10am and 3pm.

I headed down there after a lecture at 1pm and it had a buzzing atmosphere with lots of hungry students and staff trying to decide which stall to pick!

There’s a BBQ, Caribbean food, Chinese, German, Scandinavian, American, Spanish and much more!

I saw that the Greek stall ‘pitta-pitta’ was very popular so I decided to give that a try. I got the chicken gyros in a wrap for a reasonable £4.50. It was a warm pitta bread filled with tzatziki, tomatoes, onions, chicken and chips, with a selection of sauces to choose from. It was delicious!

This was a very comforting choice on a grey day and spurred me on to finish my assignment. I highly recommend the Greek stall and I will definitely be going back to the international food stalls to try a different one next week!