2ND YEAR FRENCH STUDENT, KATHERINE, SHARES SOME GREAT ACTIVITIES AND EVENTS IN READING THIS CHRISTMAS…
If you’re staying in Reading over the break, or if just want to come back for one of these events, look here and see what festive things are on and when!
A variety of things to do in Reading town centre.
- The Oracle extended Shopping hours – open until 10pm Monday-Saturday. 18/12/17 – 24/12/17.
- Eating Out – Ask Italian offers options for those with extra dietary requirements, and up to 40% student discount!
Las Iguanas also offers a Latin-American, 2-course, festive meal for only £19.95 (or £14.95 on select days!)
- Christmas bars – I have already visited two great ones here – The Jager Haus German themed bar at Riverside, with currywurst, churros and Bailey’s hot chocolate. Another is just down the stairs from Reading station called Après Bar, which is a little more pricey.
- Peter Pan is on at the Hexagon, your yearly dose of pantomime! 9/12/17 – 7/1/18.
Big club events over the holidays
- 16/12/17 – Love Presents Jaguar Skills – Coalition
- 31/12/17 – Black and Gold New Year’s Eve – Matchbox
- 31/12/17 – NYE: Lost Pandora The Lost Paradise – Coalition
If you want to travel out of Reading, consider the events below or have a look at what’s on in London! (A short and easy ride by train).
- Oxford Christmas Market, on Broad Street, Oxford. A short train ride away! 7/12/17 – 17/12/17
- The National Trust have put together a list of what they’re putting on Berkshire this festive period: https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/lists/christmas-in-berkshire
- There’s also a lot going on in the Beautiful city of Bath, including a Victorian carousel from the 14th to the 30th December and an ice rink!
Hopefully this list has given you some inspiration of how to spend your well-earned break, and Happy Holidays to all!