Reflections on International Women’s Day

EVEN THOUGH INTERNATIONAL WOMEN’S DAY IS OVER, HISTORY STUDENT, GRACE, REFLECTS ON THE CONTINUING IMPORTANCE OF THIS DAY BY SHARING A COLLECTION OF QUOTES FROM FELLOW STUDENTS…

“In my eyes Women’s day shines a light on the success of women and the continued need for women to pursue their ambitions, it also helps us to encourage and promote each other’s voices.”

“I think International Women’s day is great because it creates a buzz online about equality and women’s rights. I love to read about what it means to other people on social media and news articles. It gets people talking, researching and writing making it a fantastic way to promote issues surrounding gender equality.”

“Women’s day represents the continuous strides made towards the equality of genders. I am proud to be alive at a time where so much has been done to achieve equal rights and, I am glad to be in a position from which I can continue to support this progression.”

“I think it’s important to celebrate how women’s rights have developed throughout history, and to continue to develop today, in order to strengthen women’s position in society! I think international women’s day is vital in raising awareness of the gender gap and discuss ways for creating greater gender parity.”

“Women’s Day is really important to me because it celebrates the work that people around the world have done to further women’s rights and make the world a better and more equal place.”

“Women are half of the human population, they are mothers, sisters, daughters and friends. They are assets in countless ways to all our lives. So having a day to celebrate women is simply brilliant, and a much needed way of showing appreciation to women!”

“I believe Women’s day is an acknowledgment of importance of gender equality and all the people that have campaigned and fought for women’s rights over the course of history. It is also a vital acknowledgement of the work that that still needs to be done globally to achieve equality.”

Why do you think International Women’s Day is important?