The TEL & AV Team have completed the AV upgrade of teaching rooms on the Ground Floor of Palmer. See our AV Upgrades page for the latest schedule.
At the request of Jessica del Rio, Technical Manager, the AV Team have provided an AV solution in rooms 413 and 414 that enables teaching staff to display independently in either of the two rooms or to join the two rooms and display the same content in both. Inputs can be taken from the resident PC, a laptop plugin and a ceiling mounted port for the connection of a HD microscope. There were some design constraints so we had to use one projector and one 75″ screen with no dedicated lectern or room control. Displays are controlled using independent remote control and PC-interfaced using the remote keyboard mouse. Despite these limitations feedback on the installation and room use has been good:
- this has all gone so smoothly, and been managed so well
- really easy to use and set up
- guys who used it for lectures seemed to really like it
Here is Jess (second from right) with some of our other happy customers!
The AV Team will be demonstrating one of our new interactive monitors that are being installed as part of the upgrade of teaching spaces. Come and have a look on the Information Technology stand at the TEL Roadshow on Tuesday, 11 July – 13:00-14:00, part of the TEL Fest being organised by the TEL Team in CQSD.
Firstly, we apologise for presenting you with another survey. However the TEL & AV Team are committed to improving teaching facilities and it is important that we get your feedback. Please take a few minutes to complete our survey. It is available here and will be open until 28th July, 2017.
Just to give you a few highlights of the work carried out since last year’s survey that has taken into account your feedback:
- New AV upgrades carried out by the team provide high quality, energy efficient audio and video. This can be experienced in 14 new teaching rooms in Chancellor’s Building.
- The team have obtained approval and funding from the University to carry out a number of AV upgrades for the current financial year. See here for the schedule of works: AV Upgrades. We are also seeking approval to continue this work over at least the next 2 years.
- Many of the issues highlighted in last year’s survey will be resolved as the upgrade work continues. Our new lecterns have interactive monitors, in-built cables, document cameras, and more space for laptops as standard.
- We are working with departments to ensure AV equipment meets requirements and have been able to carry out a number of installations in-house.
- We are continuing to investigate new technologies such as ‘BYOD’.
If you should need a demonstration of our AV equipment, please book a session using this form: Equipment Demo/Training
For any questions about this survey, please contact Helena Bampton.
The AV Team provided support for video conferences run by Henley Business School that led to the University being awarded winner of the Higher Education category. Further details are available from the Video Conferencing for Learning website: http://www.vcfl.net/
We are pleased to announce that all centrally managed teaching spaces in Chancellor’s Building now have a VOIP phone installed. This will make it easier for staff to obtain assistance/report faults when using these rooms. The number for our Service Desk is: 6262.