On Thursday 7th July over 40 members of Academic, Administrative and Professional staff attended a new informal lunchtime staff development event called APPetite to discover, explore and discuss the use of mobile apps used in Learning and Teaching. At this attendee led event short talks were delivered by several attendees describing their use of apps, followed by an opportunity to try them out and discuss options with others.
The session format:
- Appetisers – Short talks by attendees.
- Meal Deal – Discuss, try out and ask questions about the apps presented.
- Sweet Treats – Share your thoughts, ideas and outcomes online.
See how the event unfolded on Twitter #TEL_APPetite
Explore the apps presented at the session on the collaboratively authored Padlet wall.
Thank you to our speakers:
- Elizabeth Conaghan and Amanda Milmore (School of Law)
- Stanimira Milcheva (Henley Business School)
- Matthew Nicholls (Classics)
Our intention is to make this a regular lunchtime event during the next academic year, although we can’t always promise to provide the catering!
Want to join us next time? Watch out for details of the next APPetite session in the new academic year on the TEL CQSD T&L Programme page!