In your preparations for the new academic year, you’ll be thinking about Blackboard and how you will be using it to support and deliver student learning. Considering menu structure, organisation of materials and activities, online assignment submission set -up, and how to engage students.
The following checklist has been designed to help you ensure your Blackboard course is ready and available for the new year.
The list inlcudes links to appropriate support materials to help you as you’re working through it.
- Have I made my course available so my students can see it on their Enrolments tab?
- Are all relevant staff enrolled on the course with the appropriate role?
- Have I added details of all relevant staff in the Staff Contacts area in the menu?
- Is my course menu well-structured and clear with a separate assessment section?
- Is all the content in my course current and appropriate for this academic year?
- Is all the content well organised and easy for my students to find?
- Have I added details about the module in the About section of the menu, e.g. module handbook?
- Are any Blackboard and/or Turnitin Assignment submission points set up with the correct settings and dates for this academic year? Check with your Support Centre to see if they are setting up assignment submissions.
- If I have any tests in my course, have they been deployed with the correct settings and dates?
- Have I set up links to my online Talis reading lists? PLEASE READ: Action required due to issue with reading list links in courses.
- Have I posted a Welcome Announcement in the Announcement section?
Check out the T&L programme for TEL staff development sessions to help you make the most of Blackboard or ask for advice in a TEL 1-to-1 consultation.