Our Pharmacy PhD conference showcases the research conducted by PhD students at the Reading School of Pharmacy and was held at the Henley Business School earlier this month. We had six oral presentations from pharmacy practice students:
- Patient Adherence to Oral Anticancer Medications in Breast Cancer by Othman Alomeir
- A systematic review of non-antibiotic measures for the prevention of urinary tract infections in pregnancy by Flavia Ghouri
- Multiple medicines co-administration in intensive care units by Sophie Oduyale
- Exploration of prescribing patterns of benzodiazepine and non-benzodiazepine (Z-drugs) medications to manage insomnia in Saudi Arabia by Ali Dobia
- Understanding safety differently: an exploration of the use of IV insulin infusions by Mais Iflaifel
- Capturing pharmacists’ input into general practice: a programme of developmental work by Georgios Karampataki
Many congratulations to George who was also awarded a prize for the best second year oral presentation.