Our blog brings together news, opinions, advice, and perspectives from both students and graduates of the University of Reading, as well as career professionals, employers and recruiters working in a range of industries.
Whether you’re an undergraduate, masters or PhD student, if your aim is to kick-start or progress your career, the articles on our Careers Blog are here to help you reach your goals and objectives.
We will regularly update you on the latest career news, events and training, as well as recruiter insights and first hand advice from our employer network.
What can you expect to find?
The Careers Blog is split into different categories to make finding the information that you need easier. Below you can find out what you can expect to see under each category.
- Student experience: Student perspectives on their experiences of Careers, from reviews of our events to employment and placement case studies.
- News: Come here to find out about our current competitions, up and coming events and more.
- Employability: If you need some quick tips on improving your CV, or how to best answer frequently asked interview questions, the ‘Employability’ section is for you. This section also contains information about Careers initiatives, like the RED Awards, THRIVE Mentoring, and the Reading Internship Scheme.
- Placements: Thinking about or currently applying for placement opportunities? The placements section is the place to go!
- Campus Jobs: If you are thinking of looking for part time work, Campus Jobs has a wealth of opportunities available on campus.
- Careers with my degree: *COMING SOON*Looking for specific careers advice relating to your degree? This subject information section will contain all you need to know about utilising your degree in your career.
- Employer insights: *COMING SOON* This section will include employer insights, profiles and industry advice.
We continue to work with many external professionals, who prepare articles on a range of themes, helping us to share more relevant content with you. So, get ready because more content is in the pipeline.
Blog for us
Interested in writing for us? We welcome guest bloggers who want to help add relevant and useful articles to our blog! If you think you have a meaningful topic to explore, or want to share your success story, take a look at our writing guidelines and then submit your ideas.
Looking for detailed advice?
If you’re looking for in depth guidance, such as how to put together a winning CV, how to prepare for your job interview, or, information on what jobs you can get with your degree, then you might want to visit the Careers website, where you’ll find everything you need. Still got questions? You can book an appointment with one of our Careers Consultants who will be able to help.
Interested in attending careers events?
Taking part in events is useful way to meet new people, build relationships, and meet and talk to employers. You can find all the upcoming events, both on campus and online, through My Jobs Online. You can also see our full events listing on our website, which is updated regularly throughout the year.
- 6 Compelling Reasons to Consider a Career in Telecoms - August 9, 2023
- The Reading Internship Scheme – Dal’s Experience - December 5, 2022
- Event Review: Explore Careers in Consulting, IT & Tech - November 30, 2022