- This event has passed.
Ace your interviews
October 25, 2019 @ 13:00 - 14:00
Got an interview coming up? Come along to this workshop to prepare and boost chances of a positive job offer! Improve your interview skills in this practical session, covering:
– First impressions – how to appear confident (even if you don’t feel it!);
– Preparation – what you can do before the interview;
– Difficult questions – made easy;
– The STAR technique – the trick to answering competency based questions.
What’s in it for me?
Practical advice, information, techniques and reassurance to help you do your best at interview.
Who’s it for?
Anyone with a placement, job or internship interview coming up soon (or who is anticipating an interview). This session is particularly recommended for finalists who will be job-hunting in the next 12 months #RDGgrad20.
If you have an interview very soon, booking a Mock Interview with a careers consultant can help to give the final check to your interview techniques in action – you book online through My Jobs Online, or contact 0118 378 8359 for further help.
*This workshop can count for 1 hour of your RED Award training and development hours. Find out more about the RED Award at reading.ac.uk/REDAward
- The Reading Internship Scheme – Dal’s Experience - December 5, 2022
- Event Review: Explore Careers in Consulting, IT & Tech - November 30, 2022
- Explore green careers - November 2, 2022