- This event has passed.
Explore Careers in Advertising
October 21, 2019 @ 13:00 - 14:30
Do you like the idea of a career in advertising? Come and hear from three advertising professionals working about what they do day to day, how to get work experience in the industry, and how to land your first job in advertising when leaving uni!
Advertising is one of the most fast paced and varied careers around, with significant job growth in Reading, London and across the UK. In a graduate role you could be working front-of-house, buying up space on social media, digital, print or TV, designing campaigns, analysing campaign outcomes and work very closely with your clients to ensure they reach their strategic goals. Equally, you migh tbe designing digital assets and images, write copy and text.
Come along and hear from our panel what a career in advertising is about:
- Stephen Taylor-Brown from Abacus Marketing – Stephen has worked in London marketing agencies for over 20 years. He started his agency career on the shop floor, and has worked his way up from Junior Account Executive to Group Account Director at one of the most reputable integrated marketing agencies in the UK before setting up his own advertising agency Abacus Marketing.
- Kenneth Nel from TDC – The founder and creator of “TDC”, a digital agency with a team of 20 digital zealots across three continents. Kenneth * team focus on fully integrated digital campaigns.
- Pierre Coombes from Big Wolf Marketing– Pierre has worked on advertising campaigns including Glaxosmithkline, IBM, Checkpoint, Cisco, Datamax, Allianz Global Investors.
What’s in it for me?
– Hear from practitioners about what a careers in marketing means for them
– Ask questions and learn whether advertising is the right career for you
Who’s it for?
All students from all degrees excited about this career topic.
*This workshop can count for 1.5 hours of your RED Award training and development hours. Find out more about the RED Award at reading.ac.uk/REDAward