- This event has passed.
Explore careers in consultancy
October 16 @ 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
Working in a “consultancy” is a great way to start your career, get insight into multiple organisations, and help companies solve cutting edge problems. There are opportunities for students from any discipline. As long as you do your research, have an analytical mind, and a genuine interest in the economy and challenges organisations face, working in a consulting can be a rewarding career for any UoR graduate.
This sessions will give an overview of:
– Learn about consultancies and the jobs they have: what type of consultancies are out there, what do they do, where do you fit in
– Understand your likely career progression once you’re in the role (how to progress from Analyst to Associate)
– What you’d do on a day to day basis
– How to ace case interviews (the preferred way of consultancies to interview you)
This session is run by Sarah-Inigo Jones; Sarah previously led the Consultancy Careers team at London Business School. She has comprehensive insight into the range of consultancies out there, entry points, and how to make yourself stand out as a candidate.
What’s in it for me?
– Get an insight into what “consultants” do, and understand whether this might be a career for you
– How to achieve an internship or full time graduate role in consulting
Who’s it for?
– Students wanting to learn more about the field of consultancy.
– UG and PGT
*This workshop can count for 1.5 hours of your RED Award training and development hours. Find out more about the RED Award at reading.ac.uk/REDAward