- This event has passed.
Finalists: ace your interviews
October 7, 2019 @ 13:00 - 14:00
Got an interview coming up? Come along to this workshop to prepare and boost chances of a positive job offer! Improve your interview skills in this practical session, covering:
– First impressions – how to appear confident (even if you don’t feel it!);
– Preparation – what you can do before the interview;
– Difficult questions – made easy;
– The STAR technique – the trick to answering competency-based questions.
What’s in it for me?
Practical advice, information, techniques, and reassurance to help you do your best at the interview.
Who’s it for?
Anyone with a placement, job or internship interview coming up soon (or who is anticipating an interview). This session is particularly recommended for finalists who will be job-hunting in the next 12 months #RDGgrad20.
If you have an interview very soon, booking a Mock Interview with a careers consultant can help to give the final check to your interview techniques in action – you book online through My Jobs Online or contact 0118 378 8359 for further help.
*This workshop can count for 1 hour of your RED Award training and development hours. Find out more about the RED Award at reading.ac.uk/REDAward
- 6 Compelling Reasons to Consider a Career in Telecoms - August 9, 2023
- The Reading Internship Scheme – Dal’s Experience - December 5, 2022
- Event Review: Explore Careers in Consulting, IT & Tech - November 30, 2022