- This event has passed.
You can’t spell empowerment without women! BAME professionals panel discussion
June 9 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Join our all-female BAME professionals panel discussion to hear from amazing women: their career journeys, the barriers they have overcome and how they have achieved success. Speakers will include professionals from a range of sectors who are keen to share their insights with you and answer any questions you may have.
Do not miss this incredible opportunity to:
– Ask questions and have discussions in a warm, collaborative environment;
– Connect with new people from variety of backgrounds;
– Grow your network.
Our panel will include the following great speakers:
- ALICE MPOFU-COLES is currently a third year PhD Candidate Human Geography at the University of Reading, researching on Identity and Transnational activities Among Young Zimbabwean Diaspora in the UK. She is an activist, a trustee for several charities and a volunteer. She has received several accolades including an Honorary Masters of Universities for services to communities, education and Civil Services and Inspiring woman of the year.
- FARIMAH DARBYSHIRE is an Early Careers Health Programme Lead at the City Mental Health Alliance. She focuses on creating a culture of good mental health for all young people in the workplace. She is also an interview coach for Smart Works, working with unemployed women in need to help them overcome barriers and be successful in securing a job.
- ASHLEY FONTAINE – As an English Literature and Film and Theatre Graduate turned Tech-Based Digital Marketing Assistant, and aspiring Mental Health Charity Communications Officer and Arts Psychotherapist, Ashley is definitely someone who is not afraid of change. Her identity and personal experiences have informed every aspect of her career choices, journey and goals.
- RACHEL JOEL, RUSU’s Women’s Officer and third year student in English Literature and Politics, will be chairing this event. Rachel came to the Women’s Officer role as she felt passionate about women’s empowerment and equal opportunities. She has aimed to create a community of women on campus and cannot wait to come together for this event.
More speakers to be announced…
This event will be taking place online via Zoom. Further details of how to access this will be released soon.