On Monday 03 February 2020, we welcomed Jamie Samson as a speaker at our ‘Explore Careers in Data Science & Analytics’ event.
Jamie has had an interesting career path; from Meercat Research to the Head of Data Science and Insights at Mindfolio and he shared his top tips for aspiring data scientists:
- Build up your skills portfolio, for instance by using GitHub as a repository
- Verse yourself in the scientific process – importantly have a clear hypothesis
- You don’t have to use a sledgehammer to crack a nut, sometimes there is a simpler method
- Go on Twitter and follow the areas that interest you to unlock a huge knowledge base
So, there you have it, four simple ways to improve your knowledge and insights for careers in data science and analytics.
Need more help?
- 6 Compelling Reasons to Consider a Career in Telecoms - August 9, 2023
- The Reading Internship Scheme – Dal’s Experience - December 5, 2022
- Event Review: Explore Careers in Consulting, IT & Tech - November 30, 2022