What is the Media, Marketing and Communications themed week all about?
Marketing is one of the most popular career sectors for Reading students! This is a rewarding area of work open to students from a wide range of degree backgrounds.
If you’d like a career which involves creativity and being able to communicate effectively in a range of formats (e.g. text, online or visually) – then a job within Media, Marketing & Comms could be for you!
There are lots of different roles within this sector – such as working in publishing, journalism or TV… or at the more ‘business end’ perhaps marketing, advertising or public relations. To help you get a better sense of the options in these areas there are a number of events running in Week Four of the Autumn Term exploring different careers across the Media, Marketing and Communications sectors.
What events are taking place and how do I sign up?
We have five employer panel events taking place in this week – you can find out more about each session and details of how to book your place, using the links below:
- Explore careers in Advertising | Monday 18 October | 13:00 – 14:30
- Employer Panel: Marketing | Monday 18 October | 18.00 – 19.00
- Explore careers in Public Relations and Social Media | Tuesday 19 October | 13:00 – 14:30
- Explore careers in Journalism and Digital Comms | Wednesday 20 October | 18:00 – 19.30
- Explore careers in Publishing | Thursday 21 October | 13:00 – 14:30
Who will be attending?
Over these five events, you will be able to hear from more than 20 professionals currently working in these industries. We’ll have speakers from the BBC, Faber & Faber, ITV, Waterstones and more – so make sure to come along and hear what they have to say!
What benefits will I get from attending?
Each of these events will provide you with a unique insight into working in these areas. You can expect to hear from a wide range of professionals who will tell you more about their own career journeys, share useful resources and top tips about their sector, provide you with an idea of how to get started whilst at university, and more! You’ll also have the chance to ask any questions that you may have. You’ll leave each webinar with a much better idea about what to expect from the sector and knowledge of what it takes to be successful.
Want to know more?
Take a look at the Media, Marketing and Communications themed week webpage, which has more information on how you can find out more information about the sector, where to look for internships and graduate roles, and more!
You could also book an appointment with a Careers Consultant to talk about any areas that interest you and get advice on jobs, how to develop your CV and what steps you can take next.
- 6 Compelling Reasons to Consider a Career in Telecoms - August 9, 2023
- The Reading Internship Scheme – Dal’s Experience - December 5, 2022
- Event Review: Explore Careers in Consulting, IT & Tech - November 30, 2022