Some years ago I wrote an account for the BSBI Plant Crib on how to distinguish the three Drosera species that occur naturally in the UK, and around most of the northern hemisphere. There still remains confusion among them and mis-reporting of the species. Drosera is very easy to recognise as a genus but many of the species can be more challenging to distinguish when not in flower. The confusion is made worse by mis-labelled images on the web, some from commercial photo galleries. A blog by Ryanne Matthias on Catalogue of Life discusses this issue in some detail.
- Specimens, Specimens: Uses | Herbarium World on Brief notes on some Percival Wheats
- Tendrils: 151218 – The Unconventional Gardener on Advent Botany 2015 – Day 15: Mahleb
- Tendrils: 151218 – The Unconventional Gardener on Advent Botany 2015 – Day 17: Sgan t’sek
- Tomos Jones on A personal reflection on Wild about Weeds – author Jack Wallington
- Future Invaders in your Garden? – The Gardening Zoologist on Future invaders at RHS Chelsea
Subscribe to Blog via Email