- Specimens, Specimens: Uses | Herbarium World on Brief notes on some Percival Wheats
- Tendrils: 151218 – The Unconventional Gardener on Advent Botany 2015 – Day 15: Mahleb
- Tendrils: 151218 – The Unconventional Gardener on Advent Botany 2015 – Day 17: Sgan t’sek
- Tomos Jones on A personal reflection on Wild about Weeds – author Jack Wallington
- Future Invaders in your Garden? – The Gardening Zoologist on Future invaders at RHS Chelsea
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Tag Archives: Citizen Science
4th International Powdery Mildew Workshop
Following success at the PM summer school in August, next week sees the start (and finish) of the 4th international PM workshop at the Jordell Laboratory, Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew.
Posted in PhD research, Public Engagement with Science, RHS research Tagged Ascomycota, Citizen Science, Conference, Kew, Oli Ellingham, Oliver Ellingham, Powdery Mildew, RHS 3 Comments
Citizen Science Samples – Update
You may be wondering what happened to the samples that were sent in as part of the powdery mildew citizen science scheme. Over the past month or so, I have been working with these samples with Waheed, so look no … Continue reading
Citizen Science Samples
The powdery mildew citizen science scheme was launched in mid-May. Since then samples have been received from as far north as Moray, Scotland, to the south coast around Portsmouth. Such a range shows, on a small scale the great abundance of … Continue reading
First survey samples received!
This morning I was lucky enough to find a sealed envelope waiting for me on my desk. I had an idea and hope of what it may contain, and was far from disappointed… In mid-May of this year the Powdery … Continue reading