Update

Update about DEVELOP on the blog as discussed, in response to Maria’s original points:

1. Karsten has started looking at the Building Blocks for Blackboard but the documentation is proving somewhat awkward…

2. I am happy to contact Dave Hallam, Helena Bampton, and Rachel Crabtree. I think we can already count David Wong as involved as he is helping with the video solution. So the only one left on our list was Chris Wakefield though I think you were going to get in touch with Mike about this.

3. Once everyone has been asked then we should arrange the meeting.

4. We have a blog on WordPress.com as you can see. (Karsten suggests blogging as much as possible, so that it acts like a log book. Basically post it there rather than sending an email and if something needs to be private just make it private inside the blog… This is how he has used it in the past and it sounds like a good idea to me.) We still need to decide on layout/look and maybe discuss how often we should update it and what with. It might be a good idea for Karsten to set one up on RedGloo too so we can compare the functionality while it’s early days.

5. I am at the stage where I have identified one or two people who have definitely expressed an interest. I have promised to send e-mails with more details; the problem being that this time of year people are generally too busy to take the info in.

6. I think the sooner we can set this up the better – however, at the moment I think we are looking at doing this in late October or early November when things are a bit quieter. I will arrange a date when I have more people lined up.

7. We decided not to re-factor the e-portfolio code and will start coding for version 9 with a more efficient approach in mind for this project.

(PS. If blogging like this seems like a good idea, I will back-post all my notes from earlier meetings so they are all in one place.)

Cheers,
Guy

This entry was posted in Project Management. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Update

1. karlund says:

only caveat to (4.), we need to set up notifications when a new post is up, otherwise we won’t see the posts.

2. Hey there! Quick question that’s entirely off topic. Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly? My site looks weird when viewing from my iphone 4. I’m trying to find a theme or plugin that might be able to correct this issue. If you have any recommendations, please share. Appreciate it!