We’ve had a meeting today(and a few others in the past) regarding the progression/future of the Video widget (formerly known as the ASSET widget), between ITS and the DEVELOP tech team.
And we have a clear path for this widget:
- We already have the ASSET dropbox functionality, which has formed the development up until now.
- David W (ITS) has further extended a similar service to use scheduled transcoding of video files for better distribution of CPU time. However this only sends out a “geeky” email for the users to use within BB.
- (This is where we are at the time of writing) David W will set this up on the ASSET server. (By end of Oct)
- Guy P will investigate and find the best <object> code </object> for using within BB (By end of Oct)
- Karsten will change the code to add a more user friendly interface and change the email to ease the user experience. (By end of Nov)
- We meet 9th of Dec to test it and hopefully that should, assuming only minor changes, result in a functioning service before the start of the spring term.