BB is using prototype, so staying away from jQuery based libraries is advisable. But after developing a prototype page of this that works in Chrome I thought I should test it in IE, which means IE9 on my computer. This is where things went belly up. Nothing worked. Going into debug mode it turned out that one of the elements found by the prototype $ function was not being interpreted as a prototype enhanced element, so the select function didn’t work on the recently found element!
I spent a lot of time on trying approaches using other kinds of elements, but no matter what I tried it always gives the same problem.
I suddenly saw/realised that the prototype used by BB was version 1.6.1, which isn’t supporting IE9 (nor Firefox 3, 3.5, 4) which isn’t that surprising as it was developed in 2009! So I took a different approach to check BB with an empty B2, and it throws several exceptions while loading the page! So perhaps this issue is not that strange.
I now have 2.5 options, either:
- make a simple pure jsp with tradition html
- create the actions using first principles, i.e. handwrite it without using libraries.
- (the half option) wait to BB updates prototype to the current version.