Online Presentation for JISC Activity Week

Last Friday morning, I took part in a presentation on the DEVELOP Project for JISC’s Online Activity week. It was enjoyable if slightly bewildering experience, given that it was my first experience of doing an online presentation solo. At times, it felt as though I was just sitting in a dark room talking to myself!

The other key presenters were Stephen Vickers and Judith Pickering — I came away from both their presentations wanting to find out more about their projects and what we might learn from their very different approaches to the e-portfolio question. All three presentations were recorded and can be viewed here.

I tried to give people an idea of the widgets we were developing by using screenshots in my presentation. However, I supplemented this by providing links out to silent (so attendees could continue to hear me droning on!) videos of the widgets in action. You should still be able to see them using the links below:

I don’t know if this approach worked — it’s hard to know if it was useful or merely a distraction from my continuation of the presentation with the screenshots. I had also hoped to let people actually have a go themselves with an open version of the Feedback widget but, due to problems we’d been having with our Blackboard server the previous evening, decided against it. However, I was able to give an overview of initial user feedback regarding the widgets and answer a few questions that came in afterwards.

I will post a brief summary of our initial feedback shortly.

About Guy

I am currently Enhancement Officer (for Education Technologies) at the University of Reading. I am also studying for a Masters in Research at the University's School of Systems Engineering.
This entry was posted in Dissemination, e-Portfolio Feedback, e-Portfolio Templates, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.