Colleagues at the University of Reading can now apply for funding to help boost projects that promote diversity and inclusion at the University.
The Central D&I team is accepting bids for funding between £300 and £1000. Previous successful bids include work to decolonise the curriculum, networking activities, allyship training and efforts to tackle attainment gaps.
Applications that align with key priorities, which include considerations of disability and neurodiversity, LGBT+ inclusion, racial equity, sex equality, and their intersections, are particularly welcome.
Applications are welcome from all colleagues across the University. Projects suggested by students, supported by a staff member as the project lead are also invited.
Any allocated funds must be used by July 2024.
Assessments will be based on the following principles:
- Diversity and inclusion relevance specifically to School, Function or University.
- Link to School/Function/University aims or Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) – although we would also encourage initiatives relevant to other protected characteristics.
- Potential and plan for longer term impact on wider University.
Please note that as a condition of the funding, some reporting back is required:
- A 1-2 page report received by the end of August 2024 that details: name of project and leaders and funding awarded; what has been done; what has been spent; what impact(s) there have been and any measurement of this; what follow-up plans there are, or plans for sustaining activities into the future.
- Where possible, 1-2 photos relevant to work you have done as part of the project that might use in publicity, such as the Staff Portal or through social media, together with a completed permission form if relevant. These should be high resolution.
- A short piece to be published on the #DiverseReading blog. This can be reflections at the end of the project, or a progress report part-way through.
How to apply
Applications must be made either through the MS Form or by using this Application Form (Word). If you wish to use the Word form, please complete and email it to the central Diversity and Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
The deadline for applications is 17:00 on Monday 11 September 2023.
Applicants should be informed of decisions on funding bids by October 2023. The decisions made by the panel are final. Feedback will be provided where possible.