The next IMAA Workshop will be held in the School of Archaeology, Geography and Environment Science, University of Reading on 25th-26th February 2017.
The aim of the workshop is to bring together specialists in geoarchaeology, NPPs, palynology, plant macroremains, and phytoliths who are working in universities, major heritage organisations, and commercial archaeology companies in order to share research and skills. The 2 day workshop will include presentations, poster sessions and microscope sessions.
We invite participants to bring samples, slides, and to present a short talk, or poster within these themes:
- The taphonomy of plant remains in urban contexts
- Palaeobotanical approaches in landscape archaeology
- Fired up: composition and preservation of organic remains in burnt contexts
- Morphometric approaches to macro and micro- scopic plant remains
- Animal management strategies
To express your interest in attending please email email@example.com
If you are interested in presenting a short talk and/or poster, please submit an abstract no longer than 250 words via email.
Further details about registration will follow shortly. Follow us on twitter #IMAA2017