Professional Development Consortium in MFL

The Professional Development Consortium in MFL invites language professionals to join them in closing the divide between research-based principles of effective language teaching and learning, and current practice within the MFL curriculum.

Any questions:
Heike Bruton h.bruton@reading.ac.uk
Lucy Beharrell lucy.beharrell@education.ox.ac.uk

For more information and to register for a course: http://www.reading.ac.uk/education/research/PDCinMFL.aspx

5 Replies to “Professional Development Consortium in MFL”

1. I am afraid I didn’t make it in time to register for the workshops but I am very interested in being part of this project. I teach Italian to children from Reception to Year 4 using a full immersion approach (almost anyway). The enthusiasm for language learning is incredible and the children have no fear.
    I work in Bedfordshire Springfield Lower School, Kempston. If there is anything I can do to be involved, it would be great to hear from you.

1. Hello Marianne

We would love to have you on board – please send me your e-mail details (s.j.graham@reading.ac.uk) and we can discuss further. Materials from the workshops are also available on-line – please go to http://pdcinmfl.wordpress.com/ for further details

We are also holding an additional workshop on Friday 28 September at the University of Nottingham – if you are interested, and would like to register, please e-mail Heike Bruton – h.bruton@reading.ac.uk

The workshops have been very well received. The important work begins now, however. in helping practitioners embed the Principles into their classroom practice.

2. Dear Marianne, that’s very good to hear indeed! You might be interested to know that we are running an additional workshop at the University of Nottingham on Friday 28 September 2012, as the response to our project has been very plentyful and positive! To book please email me at h.bruton@reading.ac.uk. If you can’t make the workshop you might wish to email me anyway and we’ll add you to our mailing list.
      All the best for now
      Heike

2. Additional workshop at the University of Nottingham on Friday 28 September 2012!
    Because of the high demand for places we are running an additional PDC in MFL workshop in the autumn term. This will be held at the University of Nottingham on Friday 28 September 2012. The workshop will run from 10.30 am to 3.45 pm, with lunch and refreshments provided. This project is funded by the ESRC and no charge will be made to delegates for attending the workshop. To check availability, please email h.bruton@reading.ac.uk.