We want to ensure that you have everything you need to succeed in your studies and have a great time at university. That is why we take the National Student Survey (NSS) and other surveys extremely seriously – it means we can listen, understand and act on your views.
If you are in your final year of undergraduate study at Reading you will be asked to complete the National Student Survey (NSS), which will be open from 29 January to the end of April 2018.
The NSS is an important measure of student satisfaction. It is anonymous and independent, carried out annually by Ipsos MORI. The survey asks questions about eight key areas: teaching, assessment and feedback, academic support, organisation and management, learning resources, personal development, overall satisfaction, and satisfaction with the Students’ Union
Visit www.thestudentsurvey.com to access the National Student Survey
Claim your free drink!
The survey should take around 15 minutes to complete and, as a thank you, we are offering everyone who fills it in a free soft drink! Claim yours by following these simple steps:
- Complete the survey
- Check your emails and find one from Ipsos MORI with the subject line ‘Thank you for taking part in the National Student Survey 2018’
- London Road students, visit the Support Centre, next to The Dairy, between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday during term-time to collect your free and recyclable paper cup for use with any of the Freestyle drinks machines on campus – nearest one The Diary.
- Whiteknights students may visit the Careers Reception on the first floor of the Carrington Building* between 11am and 3pm Monday to Friday, show them the confirmation email (this can be on your mobile phone), and collect their free cup.
- Take your cup to any of the catering venues with these Freestyle machines (Park Eat/Park Bar, Eat at the Square, SportsPark, The Dairy, Wantage Hall and Eat at Northcourt) and select your drink.
If you are a current undergraduate non-finalist, we will be running two surveys between February and April for you to complete as follows:
- UK Engagement Survey (UKES) – independent, run by the Higher Education Academy from February to April, with questions relating to your academic experience
- Reading Student Survey (RSS) – run internally by the University from February to April, with questions relating to our provision of support services and other campus facilities
You will receive an email with a link to access both surveys. If you think you are eligible to complete the survey and have not received an email, please contact us at email@example.com.
Win a £20 Amazon voucher!
The surveys should take around 20 minutes each to complete and, as a thank you, we will enter all students who fill in either or both surveys into a prize draw to win one of five £20 Amazon vouchers.
Responding to student feedback
For more information on how the University uses student feedback, including from surveys, please visit our dedicated webpage.
If you have any difficulties accessing the surveys or have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org