- Mentors can achieve significant Continuous Professional Development via this new distance learning course.
- On successful completion of the stand-alone course, they will have 20 credits which can be used against a University of Reading Master’s in Education.
- This short, intensive course will improve practice and add value for all those who mentor others.
- Provided by Reading’s Institute of Education, ranked 3rd in the country by Guardian University Guide, 2018.
The module will support mentors with their professional development in a range of mentoring roles as well as their wider professional practice.
They will explore mentoring from a variety of perspectives, starting from a definition of mentoring and moving on to consider theoretical models, best practice within mentoring and common issues. A range of contexts will be considered, including initial teacher education, as well as other settings including museums, adult education environments and care settings. Mentors will draw on their own experiences of mentoring in making links with current theory.
This is the final level of the new Mentor Certification Programme. Participants should be currently employed in a setting where mentoring is an aspect of practice.
- Please get in touch to enrol asap.
- Contact us for more information over a friendly chat or email.
- Please do share this invitation with your mentoring colleagues who have an interest in Continued Professional Development.
0118 378 2641 / 07837 532172 / firstname.lastname@example.org