The Institute of Education has confirmed its national and international standing through its excellent results in the Complete University Guide 2019 league table, published on 25th April 2018. It is ranked 16th in the country, once again among the top 20 UK Universities in the field of Education, according to the Complete University Guide 2019 league table.
The result echoes the IoE’s very strong position in the main UK league tables, being ranked 3rd in subject in the country by the Guardian University League Table 2018.
Professor Cathy Tissot, Head of the IoE, commented: “This significant position on the table demonstrates how hard we are working to ensure our students are successful, secure excellent jobs and are studying in truly supportive and exciting environment.”
The Complete University Guide, published since 2007, uses nine criteria in its assessment, including:
- Academic services spend
- Completion rate of students
- Average UCAS tariff score of new students under the age of 21
- Expenditure per student on staff and student facilities
- Proportion of firsts and upper seconds
- Graduate prospects – or the employability of graduates
- Average quality of research
- Student satisfaction (from the National Student Survey)
- Student to staff ratio.