The University is decommissioning the remote access server “remote” and its central UNIX server “main” (aka “suma3”), and is replacing both with a more modern services.
• Suma3 will be turned off 4th September 2012 at 18:00
If you currently use “remote” off campus then you should immediately switch to the upgraded SSH gateway service “sshgate”. Further details can be found here http://www.reading.ac.uk/internal/its/help/its-help-internetservices/its-remote-sshgate.aspx
For software previously accessed via Suma3 please see below:
• Fortran – Compilers are being installed on the new PC Lab image in Agriculture & Meteorology
• Matlab – this will be moving to the Campus Grid
• NAG – this will be moving to the Campus Grid
• Uniras – this will be moving to the Campus Grid
Information on the Campus Grid and how the service can be access can be found here http://www.reading.ac.uk/internal/its/e-research/its-eresearch-campusgrid.aspx.
We would be grateful if you could let us know of any problems you experience with using the new SSH Gateway service or have any feedback on the documentation produced.