We have had a series of issues over the last 24 hours and this is to explain some of the problems.
- Yesterday, we had a problem with one of the Exchange front end servers, starting around 2pm. This initially manifested with a problem accessing Public Folders and was affecting up to 400 Exchange users. We believe this was resolved by a server reboot at 4.30pm, as we saw a marked decline in calls and services were responding as we would expect.
- Yesterday evening, we had a similar incident to last week’s problems with our Virtual Server Hosting infrastructure which caused problems with:
This list is not exhaustive, but gives you an idea of the impact of the problem. Staff were working on the problem overnight and we restored services early this morning.
We have tested all the systems this morning and we are only seeing residual problems with email, which will resolve over the course of this morning.