In January 2012 the original request for a revamped Overseas Staff Travel form came from a working group formed by the Admin Information Systems Prioritisation Group and chaired by Alastair Culham.
The project was managed by IT Services Corporate Information Systems Support team member, David Wong. This also produced an administrative back end for use by the Insurance office, Health & Safety, the International Office & Security for quick retrieval of emergency contact details.
Among the benefits of the new form, which was launched on the 8th August, it now:
- pre-populates staff and contact details from Trent
- provides a drop down list describing Purpose of Travel
- provides a dynamic Country drop down list linked to an RSS feed from the Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO).
- provides information on countries to be visited & alerts:
- the Insurance Office if any countries to be visited are on the FCO Dangerous Countries list
- Health & Safety for countries on the ‘extreme dangerous’ FCO list
- Provides a link to H&S risk assessment form
- Provides a ‘Guest’ login feature where a delegated colleague can submit travel details on behalf of a member of staff
- on successful submission of travel details email notifications are sent to the submitter and
- Head of School
- International Office unless opt out selected
The form is available both on and off campus.