This a reminder of the previous message on the 9th of October:
We are making a change to how students log in to some University services.
From the 5 November you will have to use your University username plus ‘@student.reading.ac.uk’ to log in to University services that have a Microsoft branded login page (Email, OneDrive for Business etc.).
Due to this change, you will need to set-up some security details the next time you login in order to verify your account in the future.
What is changing?
When logging in to University services people used a variety of usernames to login. You will now only use your ‘username’ + ‘@student.reading.ac.uk’.
- Enter your username (ab123456) plus ‘@student.reading.ac.uk’ added afterwards. For example: email@example.com
- Enter your password
How will this look in practice?
1. Go to a University service with a Microsoft branded login page (Email, OneDrive for Business etc.)
2. At this login screen enter your username plus ‘@student.reading.ac.uk’
3. You will be redirected to a University of Reading branded login page. Enter the same details as on the previous screen.
4. The first time you do this you will be prompted to set-up some security details.
5. You will now be taken to the service.
When is this changing?
This change will happen on 5th November. However, there will be a 2 month period where other formats of usernames will still work to avoid disruption.
Need assistance or have a question?
Contact the IT Service Desk on x6262, reading.ac.uk/it or firstname.lastname@example.org where our friendly staff are always happy to help.