Whether you’re heading home soon or staying on campus over the vacation, this summary of available Library services can help you plan ahead. We wish you happy holidays and effective studying – stay safe everyone!
Term ends on Friday 11 December, so after this date the Library will be operating reduced opening hours. This will affect the times that you are able to book study space, Click & Collect loans, book IT Service Desk appointments and use the Library Cafe.
From Saturday 12 December till Monday 21 December, the Library will be open from 08:30 to early evening on weekdays only. There are no weekend services available.
Along with the rest of the campus, the Library closes completely on Tuesday 22 December until Sunday 3 January for the University Christmas closure.
From Monday 4 January till Friday 8 January, we resume vacation-hours opening, and from Saturday 9 January we’ll be open for term-time hours again.
Borrow until January 2021
To help borrowers heading home early due to UK government guidance, we’re lending everything to all Library members until Tuesday 12 January. Any items borrowed or renewed from Monday 30 November will issue until 12 January. These vacation loans include standard, 7-day, overnight loans and journals.
Store and Closed Access requests
If you need materials from the off-site Store or from our Closed Access shelves, be aware of the final dates of collection and make sure you place your request in time.
- Store collections finish for Christmas on Thursday 17 December – get your request in before 08:30 on this day.
- Closed Access collections will finish for Christmas on Friday 18 December – get your request in before 13:45.
We will next collect from Closed Access on 4 January and from Store on 7 January (these dates might be subject to change if there is a shortage of available staff). For more information, see Requesting items from Store and Closed Access.
All our expert staff are available online to help and advise you throughout the vacation (except during the Christmas closure period).
- If you want advice on resources in your subject area, contact your Academic Liaison Librarian who can assist by email or in a virtual meeting.
- Our Study Advice Team can help you develop your study skills; they have online tutorials and offer bookable sessions. If you need a helping hand with your maths or statistics skills, our Maths Support Team can get you on track with their online guides or 1-1 advice sessions.
- Our Research Engagement team is available to support your research. If you require help with Open Access, research data management and other research related matters, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a general enquiry, email email@example.com or phone 0118 378 8770.
Check our Current Library Services guide for up-to-date information, especially if there are changes to current government guidelines.
Library User Services