The Easter vacation is fast approaching, so make sure you know about the changes to the Library opening hours!
When are we open?
Between Monday 27 March – Wednesday 5 April, we’ll be open at the following times:
- Monday 27 March: Open until 19:00
- Tuesday 28 – Thursday 30 March: 08:30 – 19:00
- Friday 31 March: 08:30 – 17:00
- Saturday 1 April: 08:30 – 21:00
- Sunday 2 April: Open from 08:30
- Monday 3 – Tuesday 4 April: 24 hours
- Wednesday 5 April: Open until Midnight
We’ll be closed between Thursday 6 April – Tuesday 11 April for the University Easter closure period.
Term time Library opening hours will resume from 08:30 Wednesday 12 April.
When do you need to return your loans?
Loan periods and due dates will not be affected by the University closure, so make sure you regularly check your Library account for individual return dates on your books.
Recall notices will be sent to your University email address so keep track, return your materials on time and avoid fines.
Library closed? You can return books 24/7 via the external Book Drop. If you do receive a recall notice and you can’t return the item in person, you can always return them by post.
What are the last collection dates for Off-site Store and Closed Access?
Off-site Store and Closed Access collections will not take place during the University closure period, so please submit your requests in good time.
- Off-site Store items need to be requested before 08:30 Thursday 30 March.
- Closed Access items need to be requested before 13:30 Wednesday 5 April.
What if you’re not on campus?
If you’re away from campus but still want access to a library space, you may be able to do so via the SCONUL access scheme. See Using other libraries for more information about other libraries you may be available to visit.
If you have any questions, please get in touch.
Your Library Team