Whether you’re on-campus or heading home this Christmas, make sure you know about the upcoming changes to our opening hours and plan ahead!
When will the Library be open?
The Library will be operating on reduced opening hours after term ends on Friday 9 December.
- From Saturday 10 December to Wednesday 21 December, the Library will be open from 08.30 to 19.00 on Monday – Thursday and 08.30 – 17.00 on Friday 16 December and Thursday 22 December. We won’t be open during the weekends.
- The Library will be closed Friday 23 December to Monday 2 January for the University Christmas closure.
- From Tuesday 3 January to Sunday 8 January, we re-open with reduced opening hours. Term-time service will resume from Monday 9 January.
When do I need to return my books?
You can borrow right up until the University Christmas closure. Standard loans can be borrowed for up to 6 weeks, but items may still be recalled until Friday 16 December. Please keep an eye on your University email account (and your Junk folder) for any recalls notices so that you can avoid fines.
Last collections before Christmas closure
If you want items which are not on the open shelves before Christmas, make sure that you get your requests in on time!
- Off-site Store items need to be requested before 08.30 Thursday 15 December.
- Closed Access items need to be requested before 13.30 Wednesday 21 December.
Normal service will resume on Tuesday 3 January with our first Closed Access collection happening on Wednesday 4 January. Our first Off-site Store collection will occur on Thursday 5 January.
For more information and detailed instructions on how to make Closed Access and Store requests, check out the ‘Requesting items from Store and Closed Access‘ information page.
Accessing online information
- …discovering how to create your reference lists using Endnote or Mendeley
- …checking out our Databases by subject guide and examining a new electronic resource
- …exploring some of the ‘further’ or ‘suggested readings’ on your reading list.
Keep on top of your studies but don’t forget to enjoy a well-deserved break!
Happy Holidays to you all.
Your Library team