Music practice rooms are available for all members of the UoR community including students, staff, alumni and community members for private, individual practise. We also have rehearsal spaces available for UoR bands as part of the UoR LIVE programme. The facilities are located on the London Road Campus in Building L29.
We have eight general purpose practise rooms, each with a piano, music stand and mirror and some that also have drumkits. For bands we have two large studios and one small practise room, as well as an additional silent practice room that can be booked during office hours.
Building Opening Times
Please note that the facilities are closed on University Closure Dates as follows:
- Friday 22 December 2023 Closure Day
- Monday 25 December 2023 Public Holiday
- Tuesday 26 December 2023 Public Holiday
- Wednesday 27 December 2023 Closure Day
- Thursday 28 December 2023 Closure Day
- Friday 29 December 2023 Closure Day
- Monday 1 January 2024 Public Holiday
- Thursday 28 March 2024 Closure Day
- Friday 29 March 2024 Public Holiday
- Monday 1 April 2024 Public Holiday
- Tuesday 2 April 2024 Closure Day
- Monday 6 May 2024 Public Holiday
- Monday 27 May 2024 Public Holiday
- Monday 26 August 2024 Public Holiday
All members of the band must individually purchase Practice Room Access to be able to use the rehearsal spaces.
Each band must be a made up with a majority of a current UoR students or alumni that have graduated within the last three years.
Band rehearsals are subject to restrictions when using amplified sound. Please read our Band User Agreement information sheet below to find out more.
UoR Student – £22
UoR Staff/Alumni – £55
Community Member – £95
The prices listed are for the full academic year, from 1st Sept to 31st August. Please note that we keep our prices well below market average and therefore do not offer part-year payments.
Each member of a band must purchase individual practice room access.
Did you know that members of UoR Music benefit from discounted Practice Room Access? Find out more here.
Our facilities may not be used for the purposes of carrying out private tuition or any other commercial activity not provided by UoR Music.
All users must be over 18 years of age to use the facilities.
We regret that we cannot offer rehearsal space for community ensembles.
How to get Practice Room Access?
- Please read our information sheet (below) which outlines more details of Practice Room Usage, and includes our terms and conditions which you will be asked to confirm your acceptance of upon purchasing practice room access.
- Complete the Practice Room Access registration form (below).
- Go to the online store to pay for your access.
Please note, after registering and paying for your Practice Room Access, you will receive an email confirming that your registration is complete. Please allow up to a week to receive this.
Link to the Online Store
To purchase Practice Room Access, please click on the link below to be transferred to the online store:
If you have any further questions after reading our guideline sheet, please email email@example.com .