Unless otherwise indicated, any training sessions listed here are available for University of Reading staff, or postgraduate research students (marked as RRDP) only.
- This event has passed.
Open Access publications policies and what these mean for you
October 24, 2016 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
This short session will explain the key things that you should do to ensure that your publications comply with University, HEFCE and funder open access policies, including what to deposit in CentAUR and how to publish as open access. The focus is on journal articles.
At the end of the session you will be able to:
- comply with the University’s open access policy
- comply with HEFCE requirements so that your publications will be eligible for REF
- comply with funder requirements
- use tools to find funder and publisher policies
- apply to the University’s open access fund to cover open access costs (APCs) for articles resulting both from RCUK funded research and from non-RCUK funded research
- select and evaluate open access journals
- understand the difference between a repository and other archiving and sharing services
Please book your place through Employee Self Service or by clicking on the above course title.