Beyond a Philosophy Degree 2

Keira graduated from the department about 10 years ago and recently came back to talk to our current students about careers.  For that event, we asked Keira for a short blurb about her career. Here’s what she said:

From Philosophy Conferences to Parliament, the grounding that Philosophy gave me in understanding the value of knowledge, has been fundamental to my career.

I worked with the Forum for European Philosophy, before immersing myself in the Westminster bubble working for the two top political publishers and information providers.

It was in politics that I first started working with Third Sector organisations, helping them in their engagement with policy makers and stakeholders, a line which I have now chosen to pursue further by moving into fundraising and engagement for two of the industry’s leading consultancies and change-makers.

Here’s a quick video in which Keira discusses what she most enjoyed about studying philosophy in Reading and about how her degree has helped her in her career.

Are you also an alumnus of the department?   Would you like to help out our current crop of students (and future cohorts too), e.g., by recording a similar interview or writing a quick reflection (like this)?   If so, please get in touch with our current alumni office James Andow (j.andow@reading.ac.uk).

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.