The Vice-Chancellor Sir David Bell has announced new targets to promote stronger gender and racial representation on all key decision-making committees.
On gender, our targets for 2020 are to:
- have at least 30% of either gender in all key University committees and boards, including the University Executive Board (UEB);
- maintain the current baseline of at least 45% of either gender in the overall University Leadership Group – including UEB, Deans, Assistant Deans, Heads of School and Heads of Function;
- have a gender-balanced professoriate, with at least 40% of professors of either gender. Current baseline is 30%;
- reduce the pay gap that exists at senior (professorial and Grade 9) levels. Current baseline is 11% (there is no significant pay gap at other levels currently); and
- achieve University-wide Athena SWAN Gender Charter Mark Silver level recognition, with all STEM Schools holding awards and all other Schools working towards Gender Equality Charter Mark recognition.
See the full story to read more.