Sunday, day of rest

My staff are the best. Waiting for me on my desk this morning: my weakness discovered and acted on by Matt, Nick, Dan, Hen, Jeni, Sarah and Su. It made a slightly jaded Site Director very happy: 2 giant sacks of haribos……

005

Happy Days

It was a quiet day today…..several team members were recovering from a surfeit of energy at the party the night before…..and others were packing up to leave, whilst the new arrivals moved in. Those of us who have been on site for the last 3 weeks are tanned and weather worn….the new arrivals are freshly white and slightly apprehensive! I was visited by a group of old friends, and the afternoon brought more and more visitors from years gone by. Klare Tootell always has a special place in my heart: my Silchester Project assistant of many years standing, she brought her 3 boys – Tom (husband), Rufus and Jude.

019

Durham friends from long ago!

I ended the day by welcoming in the half a dozen new arrivals: a nice select group who were absorbed into the ‘family supper’ in the marquee….Silchester claims its latest victims!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.