We’re currently recruiting for a number of roles…
Open Day Ambassadors
Your University needs you! We’re looking for students to help out on Open days:
Friday and Saturday 21/22 June
Saturday 21 September
Saturday 26 October
Key benefits include:
- £50 pay per day
- Added £20 bonus for working all four days
Welcome Week Helpers
We are looking for individuals to join the Student Team to help new students during Welcome Week (and the preceding week) 25 September – October 2013.
Work will involve:
- production of access cards
- assisting with events and enquiries in the Palmer Building
- campus tours showing students around the Whiteknights campus
- assisting support staff and students during the enrolment process
Experience and personal attributes
- Approachable and helpful manner
- Ability to communicate with students from diverse backgrounds and nationalities
- Good knowledge of the University of Reading; preference will be given to current Reading students (undergraduate or postgraduate)
- Basic knowledge of PCs and data screens for those assisting with enrolment/access card processes
- Recent experience of campus tours and/or Open Days desirable
Hours of work and training
- Dates during Freshers’ Week by negotiation (not everyone will be needed all week)
- Hours of work variable during the week, and by negotiation (fewer students will be required towards the end of the week)
- A compulsory half-day training session will take place on an afternoon in late September (exact date and time to be confirmed).
Rate of pay
£6.50 per hour; payment will be made direct into a bank account. Training will be paid at the same rate. If invited to interview students must provide a National Insurance number and evidence of their entitlement to work in the UK.
Applications and more information
Please request an application form from Richard Sandford (or use the link below), Student Communications Officer, via email email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is 17:00 Thursday 20 June 2013.
Short interviews will be held before the end of the Summer Term.
RUSU are recruiting volunteers to help during Welcome Week. You can click here to find out more and apply.
You will be supported in the role by the RUSU Volunteering and Social Enterprise Co-ordinator. If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org