Student Services News

News from the Student Services Centre (Carrington Building)

New students – what next?

Campus Card

You should have received/collected your Campus Card when you arrived. If you didn’t you can collect it from the Library Foyer on Monday 29 September – Wednesday 1 October (09:00-17:00). After that point you can collect it from the Helpdesk in the Student Services Centre (Carrington Building).

Username and password

Hopefully you’ve already picked up your University username and password. If not, here’s what you need to do:

1. Make sure you’ve got your Campus Card
  2. Log in to the RISISweb Portal
  3. Click the red link that says ‘Collect your Username’
  4. Follow the instructions and set your password
  5. If you can’t see that link in the RISISweb Portal you can click here to collect it.

If you’ve lost or forgotten your username and password use the online reminder form or visit the IT information desk on the first floor of the Library.

Module selection

Module selection officially closed at noon on Friday 26 September. If you missed this deadline there’s no need to panic. Just head to the Module Advice centre in room G05b of the Palmer Building (Monday 29 September – Friday 3 October). Staff will be there from 09:00-17:00 all week to help you finalise your module choices.

Timetable

You can access your academic timetable at www.reading.ac.uk/mytimetable. If you have completed all the steps above you can use your University username and password to access the full details. If you don’t have those details you can use your Reading Student number and date of birth. If you have not completed module selection you will only see the sessions for your compulsory modules listed.

Previous

International graduate entrepreneurs

Next

Security and safety awareness days

2 Comments

1. WANG JUNCHAO

I am not feel so good. Because my timetable changed I didn’t know.
    I checked my timetable at noon. There ware just two tutorial classes in the afternoon, one is from 3 o’clock to.4 o’clock and another one was 4 o’clock to 5 o’clock But it was changed after 3 o’clock’s totorial class. The timetable said there was a another totorial class before this totorial class. Except this bad thing, I waited for 4 o’clock’s totorial class long time! I just want to study , why is everyting so difficult! Please help me. I just want to have a true time table.

• Hi Junchao, sorry to hear you’ve had problems with your timetable. One of my colleagues has informed me that all the changes on your programme should be finalised by now. If this happens again please let us know – come to the Carrington Building and ask to speak to Timetabling. Thanks, Richard