Early works for the Library refurbishment will continue over the course of the week.
Following on from last week, the majority of activity will focus on the erection of hoardings inside and outside the Library and preparations for the demolition of the glassed-in staircase near CaféLibro.
- External hoardings continue to be set up around the outside of the Library, and are due to be complete by September.
- Inside the Library, internal hoardings continue to be set up between the Ground and Fourth floors.
- CafeLibro remains open for business as usual despite a few noticeable changes to the café area. Hoardings will be erected within the café, and the vending machines and fridges have been moved alongside the café windows.
- The Second floor group study area remains closed so that hoarding can be erected. Please use group study space on the Fourth or Ground floors.
- On the Ground floor, hoarding is going up inside the entrance atrium, around the closed, glass-enclosed stairs, ready for demolition. The IT and Library catalogue PCs have relocated under the main stairs opposite.
Students and staff are reminded not to enter areas cordoned off for work, such as the Second floor group study area for their own safety
The noisiest phases of work will be carried out each morning up until 10:00am.
Contact Robin Hunter if you have any queries about the works taking place.
For further information about the refurbishment, please visit www.reading.ac.uk/library/refurb.