It’s time for you to re-enrol on your course for the coming year, and we’ve got a competition to help the new term get off to a great start!
All returning students, including those on placements and compulsory year abroad courses, must complete online enrolment each year. Enrolment is important because it enables the University to collect fees, ensure that your course and personal informationare correct, that you are able to use all the facilities and confirm your attendance with the SLC and for Council Tax purposes.
Students who have re-enrolled via RISIS by Sunday 15 October will be entered into a prize draw for a chance to win an Amazon gift voucher. There are 15 prizes available; 1 x £100, 4 x £50 and 10 x £25 Amazon gift vouchers (See below for terms and conditions).
Please go to the RISIS Portal to complete your online enrolment.
More details on enrolment…
Fees for Self-Financed Students (students whose fees are not paid by a sponsor).
Self-financed students will be asked to pay half of the tuition fee when they enrol. Please be aware you will not be considered as enrolled for the 2017/8 Session until the fee has been paid. The deadline for paying the first instalment is Sunday 15 October.
What happens if you do not enrol?
Failure to complete online enrolment will cause a number of problems. These include:
- If you have applied for Student Support via Student Finance England you will not be confirmed as in attendance and this will cause a delay in the receipt of your loan.
- Being unable to sit your examinations.
- Having problems accessing Blackboard.
- International students requiring a Tier 4 visa to study in the UK only: failure to complete online enrolment will affect your immigration status in the UK as the University is required to report your failure to enrol to the Home Office UK Visa and Immigration. This will also have implications for your ability to study at the University of Reading.
- You will not be entitled to a Council Tax exemption.
- If you do not enrol by the end of week 3 (Sunday 15 October) the University will take steps to suspend your registration.
What to do if you have problems or your circumstances have changed
If you experience any problems with online enrolment please log a Helpcall with your Support Centre. You can do this by clicking on the Ask a Question link at the top of the page in your RISIS portal.
If you are unable to access the internet or your circumstances have changed, please contact your Support Centre.