The AV Team will be demonstrating one of our new interactive monitors that are being installed as part of the upgrade of teaching spaces. Come and have a look on the Information Technology stand at the TEL Roadshow on Tuesday, 11 July – 13:00-14:00, part of the TEL Fest being organised by the TEL Team in CQSD.
Firstly, we apologise for presenting you with another survey. However the TEL & AV Team are committed to improving teaching facilities and it is important that we get your feedback. Please take a few minutes to complete our survey. It is available here and will be open until 28th July, 2017.
Just to give you a few highlights of the work carried out since last year’s survey that has taken into account your feedback:
- New AV upgrades carried out by the team provide high quality, energy efficient audio and video. This can be experienced in 14 new teaching rooms in Chancellor’s Building.
- The team have obtained approval and funding from the University to carry out a number of AV upgrades for the current financial year. See here for the schedule of works: AV Upgrades. We are also seeking approval to continue this work over at least the next 2 years.
- Many of the issues highlighted in last year’s survey will be resolved as the upgrade work continues. Our new lecterns have interactive monitors, in-built cables, document cameras, and more space for laptops as standard.
- We are working with departments to ensure AV equipment meets requirements and have been able to carry out a number of installations in-house.
- We are continuing to investigate new technologies such as ‘BYOD’.
If you should need a demonstration of our AV equipment, please book a session using this form: Equipment Demo/Training
For any questions about this survey, please contact Helena Bampton.
This week we have completed a full update of AV equipment in room 102 building L22 at London Road. The Institute of Education have specific requirements for the use of interactive screens in their teaching rooms. The use of Large Interactive screens allow students studying to become teachers to work in a way that closely resembles school classrooms. Room 102 now has the following equipment.
Standard teaching lectern which includes, PC with interactive touch monitor, Document camera, VGA, HDMI, Audio jack plug-ins and 84″ interactive monitor.
If you are due to use the room, please let us know if you have any feedback.
The AV team have recently completed new AV installations in two centrally bookable Edith Morley teaching rooms. Rooms 141 and 257 have received a full replacement of AV equipment and now have the following specifications.
141 – Standard teaching lectern with Crestron control panel, PC with Interactive touch monitor, Document camera, VGA, HDMI, Audio jack plug-ins and laser projection.
257 – As above but the room suited a 75″ flat panel LED screen rather than the laser projector.
Please use the rooms, we are always looking for feedback on our installations.