Blackboard Mobile App – How to download and use
You can access Blackboard on your mobile device by downloading the free Blackboard app.
This is available for:
- Apple iOS devices
(currently optimised for iPhone and iPod Touch, but can also be used on an iPad)
- Android devices
- Windows mobile devices
Click on the links above to find the Blackboard app for your device.
When opening the app for the first time, tap on Search for your School, type in ‘Reading’ and select University of Reading from the results.
Log in using your normal University of Reading username and password.
Need more help? Go to the Blackboard App support site
The app makes accessing your online learning more convenient and flexible. You can use the app to:
- Access the courses you are enrolled on.
- Keep up-to-date with announcements and course information.
- Receive push notifications to your device when anything has been added to a course, for example an announcement.
- Favourite your most used courses and personalise your course list (in the app only).
- View your online learning materials and save files to your device.
- Read and write to Blackboard blogs and discussion boards.
- Access Blackboard Collaborate live online classroom sessions.
Already have the Blackboard Mobile Learn app?
The new Blackboard app replaces Blackboard Mobile Learn, which will no longer be available to download after 1st August 2017.
If you already have Mobile Learn installed, you can continue to use it, but Blackboard will not provide any support for the app after 31st August 2017. Moreover, Apple users should note that Mobile Learn is a 32-bit app and won’t function correctly on devices running the iOS 11 Preview.