Blackboard Course Rollover for 2016-17 is now complete.
All course copying has taken place for
- courses which ran in Blackboard in 2015-16 and are scheduled in RISIS for 2016-17
- Shared and non-RISIS courses, where this was requested by staff.
In addition, for 2016-17 courses created through the rollover process
- staff enrolments (Instructors and Teaching Assistants) have been copied forward
- steps have been taken to ensure that courses have a completely clean Grade Centre, with no Blackboard or Turnitin assignments copied from previous years.
The final step in the rollover process – deletion of Turnitin assignments in copied courses – was carried out successfully last night, using a tool developed for us by Blackboard.
You are now free to start preparing your new courses for the forthcoming academic year.
This preparation should include ensuring that course materials such as
- module / programme handbooks
- assignment briefs
- lecture and seminar material
are up-to-date and, where necessary, revising the course menu and structure to ensure that students can easily navigate the site.
You will also need to ensure that
- Assignment submission points (Turnitin or Blackboard assignments) are created with appropriate dates and other settings.
- Tests are made available to students with appropriate dates and other settings.
- Talis reading list links are updated for the new academic year.
Help with all of these activities can be found on the TEL blog.
The TEL team will also be running a series of staff training sessions from September onwards – see the CQSD website for details.
Brand new courses for 2016-17
Courses which have not run before, and which are scheduled in RISIS, will now have been set up in Blackboard. You can use this IT form to request enrolment on a course – or see staff in your new Student Support Centre.
Additional course copy requests
For any further course copy requests, outside the rollover process, please use this form to request a course copy.
You can see a list of completed and pending course copies on the Copy Status page.
Please note that, from now on, course copies will exclude the Grade Centre. This means that, following a course copy, on the new course you will need to
- delete any copied Turnitin Assignments
- set up new Turnitin or Blackboard Assignment submission points with appropriate dates and other settings.
- deploy Tests so that they are available to students with appropriate dates and other settings.
New students will not have access to Blackboard until they have completed the enrolment process – so, for most students, late September.
Returning students: the scripts to transfer enrolments from RISIS to Blackboard are currently being updated. These scripts will be enabled late August / early September, at which point students will be automatically enrolled on Part 2 and 3 modules in Blackboard.
Update 7th September
Student course enrolments are now flowing automatically from RISIS to Blackboard for all courses – including Shared Courses – and organisations.