You may see notifications from Blackboard about Instructor, their new mobile app for staff.
This is part of a revamp of Blackboard’s mobile provision. Mobile Learn is being discontinued in favour of two “persona-based” apps:
- a student app simply called Blackboard – see our guidance for students on the Student Help site
- Blackboard Instructor for those with a staff role (e.g. Instructor or Teaching Assistant) on their Blackboard courses
Students are able to use the Blackboard app right now, but staff eager to try out Blackboard Instructor will have to wait until 7th August, after our system upgrade.
We will make sure we have some guidance material ready by then.
In the meantime you can get an idea of what the app can do from this short video
and on the Blackboard Help site: https://help.blackboard.com/Blackboard_App/Instructor
Initially the app provides limited functionality, but the range of features will increase over the coming months. In this first version you can
- preview course content, including tests and assignments – this could be really useful to check how well students are able to view your course content on a mobile device
- post announcements
- post and reply to discussion forums
- launch Collaborate Ultra sessions
Future releases will allow tablet users to view, mark and provide feedback on assignment submissions.